Prudential Center and the New Jersey Devils are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to assist in all elements of New Jersey Devils Marketing. This position will require the highest level of organization, creativity, and willingness to take risks to help the team and organization drive revenue and brand awareness.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning and execution of New Jersey Devils advertising campaigns to drive ticket sales;
- Develops and maintains relationships with media partners to place media, track advertising, and execute promotions;
- Manages fulfillment of trade and promotional agreements as needed;
- Submits internal creative requests to deliver ads in a timely manner; work closely with Creative Team and copywriter on look and tone;
- Maximizes all internal media assets, including scoreboard, newjerseydevils.com, emails, social media, etc. to drive revenue and registration for programs;
- Works closely with digital advertising team and marketing communications to ensure a holistic approach to all marketing messaging and ad campaigns;
- Little Devils Youth Fan Club:
- Responsible for all aspects of Little Devils, including but not limited to increasing membership, communication, contest development, events, overseeing Little Devils Zone on game days, and execution, advertising/promotion, etc.;
- Grassroots Marketing:
- Works with community and grassroots team to maximize lead generation opportunities at events in the community;
- Assists with the sales and contesting message distributed to our rink partners via email.
- Assists with the implementation of New Jersey Devils annual marketing plan;
- Assists in the development of strategic alliances;
- Manages and fulfill “added-value” contests and promotions;
- Keeps the updated promotional calendar; assist with the planning and execution of all theme nights, fan giveaway ideation & ordering;
- Other tasks and projects as business dictates and requires.
Educational Background Required:
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, working in the Marketing Department of a sports franchise;
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritizes effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments;
- Proactive planner with a sense of urgency, creativity, style and attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must possess a strong research background and be an “out-of-the-box-thinker”;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess outstanding problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
- Results and bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values;
- Must have the ability and willingness to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks;
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption;
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.