Do you love the roar of live hockey and the smells of popcorn and team spirit? Do you also enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues who are at the top of their game, value your input and proudly post photos with you on social media having the time of your life at our arena? Does the prospect of supporting three-time Stanley Cup Champions the New Jersey Devils in a state-of-the-art arena give you “all the feels”? If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then maybe you are the next rockstar, Jedi, superhero or Muggle we will proudly welcome in to our family!
*Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
This is more than a job, it is a chance to influence pop culture daily and develop ideas that thousands will experience. This role will require concept ideation across all mediums (print, social, digital, direct mail, etc.). The Junior Designer will contribute in the design development of creative concepts, collateral, print ads, promotional materials, posters, flyers, brochures, POP and other design ask across Entertainment Marketing and the New Jersey Devils Hockey Club.
Devils Arena Entertainment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with creative team to develop customized concepts that meet company objectives and strategies;
- Partners with Executive Creative Director & Sr. Art Director in all aspects of creative execution, from initial concepts through production phase;
- Develops and designs new business presentations and spec work for potential clients;
- Designs original creative elements, based on brief & strategic inputs provided by internal or external clients;
- Adapts design elements to carry out the continuity of the brands throughout all collateral;
- Designs projects that include but are not limited to: T-shirts, Posters, Websites, PowerPoint templates, Direct Mail (postcards, brochures, self-mailers), Newspaper ads, Creative for Devils publications and outside publications, E-mail marketing components, Internet (banners, pop-ups and other design elements), Sponsorship elements, Promotional items, Internal communication pieces;
- Resizing existing art work, developing designs based on design templates, photo shopping, color correction, comping imagery for pitch presentation, creating decks, supporting core New Jersey Devils/Prudential Center branding needs, and designing day-to-day creative deliverables for the organization across all departments
- Develops E-mail campaign layout and design;
- Maintains projects through precise proofing of all materials;
- Suggests new ideas and thinks outside of the box;
- Works on multiple design projects at a given time and executes promptly;
- Maintain and establish design department policies;
- Collaborate with creative team to concept and create innovative and big marketing ideas that can live across channels and platforms;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Line Manager and Project Management Director;
- Produce effective advertising communications assets with appropriate Calls to Action, targeting key customer segments;
- Contribute to the development of the creative team's culture and design standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in applicable Mac software programs, including Adobe Creative Suite;
- Highly proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and Powerpoint. Adobe Illustrator and Keynote a plus;
- A well-rounded portfolio of conceptual work, with strong design, color balance, photography, interactive design, logo and typography skills;
- Self-starter personality with enthusiastic, “can do” attitude in accepting work/new challenges
- Effective interpersonal skills, working well across functions;
- Amazing work ethic and inner drive to create the best solution possible;
- Impeccable design taste and attention to detail;
- Highly innovative; a problem-solver;
- Proven experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch;
- Ability to take feedback and input and come up with solutions that keep the integrity of the ideas;
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions;
- History of self-initiated projects;
- Understands basic user-experience design, interactive design, and content strategy
- Clear understanding of design principles to driving results in an online, social, & digital environment
- Must be self-confident, resilient and possess a high energy level and enthusiasm;
- Must be a strategic and critical thinker who is dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized;
- Must have the ability to rise to the challenge and provide the hard work necessary to succeed;
- Must possess outstanding problem solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise;
- Must have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, demonstrating strong communication skills;
- Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
- Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks;
- Must be able to identify communications or creative problems, their sources, and develop potential design solutions.
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Prudential Center/New Jersey Devils offices, but attendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.