Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Ontario Reign (AHL), Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world’s leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The Los Angeles Kings are seeking positive and motivated individuals looking to begin their career in sports. Each Fan Service Associate is responsible for assisting the LA Kings Sales and Service staff with game day responsibilities, and sales and service support. The Fan Service Associate position will begin in mid to late June and continue for the entire regular season ending in early April. Post-Season hours may be scheduled on a case by case basis. Associates should be prepared for flexibility in their schedule with in office and game day hours. This is a part time position.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Supporting the LA Kings Sales and Service Department in office
- Responsible for servicing and building Season Ticket Member Wait List
- Sell all LA Kings ticket initiatives and campaigns
- Work alongside Account Executives to provide excellent customer service to existing and new clients
- Outbound prospecting calls to assigned lead pool
2. Supporting Kings Sales and Service Department at LA Kings Home Games
- Assisting with the fulfillment of game night Royal Experiences
- Zamboni Riders, Photo on ice, Shot on Goal, penalty box, and more
- Assembly of game night Sales and Service area
- Print sales collateral, set up lower sales booth, set up monitors and laptop
- Becoming familiar with the culture and roles within a professional sports organization
- Work closely with Kings Sales and Service staff and gain valuable work experience
- Supporting and assisting at all LA Kings Events
- LA Kings 5K, Meet the Players, Tip a King, etc.
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by Supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external employees/clients
- Assist with general office duties and projects as needed
- Communicate with/support departments as assigned by management
- Execute special projects as assigned by management
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Uphold a strong work ethic
- Ability to follow direction
- Create positive and strong working relationships
- Assertive, persistent and results oriented
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office and Outlook (Ticketing Platforms preferred, but not required)
- Ability to multitask and consistently re-prioritize based on sales department needs
- Eagerness to learn
- Possess a strong interest in sales
- Motivated to have a career in Sports Sales and Service
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. BA from a 4-year college preferred.
- Previous experience in client sales and service is preferred, but not required.