This position is responsible for assisting in day to day management of general accounting functions for all NHL entities including: (i) managing timely monthly general ledger closes, (ii) preparation of financial statements, (iii) coordination of annual audit, including liaising with external auditors, (iv) support of budget and forecast processes and (v) special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Assist in the management of daily general accounting requirements.
- Demonstrate accounting competency by performing a variety of accounting functions, including general ledger journal entries, expense accruals and account analysis.
- Support the finance team in all phases of the accounting close process to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual closes.
- Manage the timely creation / distribution of monthly financial packages to business units.
- Coordinate the year end audit process, including liaising with external auditors, streamlining information requests and preparing analytics.
- Assist in the accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end internal and statutory financial statements.
- Support accounting, analytical and reporting activities related to annual budget and forecast processes.
- Manage and take the lead on special projects.
The ideal candidate will have a degree from a four year college or university in either Accounting or Finance and at least 5 years of related experience. Must have CPA and audit experience at large public accounting firm. They should have excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be disciplined, organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and take initiative on problem solving. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. The qualified candidate has the flexibility to respond to multiple changing priorities and is proficient in Microsoft Office software. Should be a “power” Excel user. Lawson accounting system experience a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.