The Boston Bruins are currently recruiting to fill the position of Mascot Performer (Blades). This is a part-time seasonal position, which runs from September 2017 through August 2018.
- Serve as a performer for the Boston Bruins Mascot, while representing the Boston Bruins at a number of designated appearances including but not limited to Bruins home games, hospital visits, school visits, street hockey clinics, watch parties, sponsor events, charitable events and other various events throughout the year
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the Boston Bruins while properly representing the Boston Bruins organization and Blades in a professional manner at all times
- Create memorable experiences by greeting fans, energizing the crowd, and more
- Maintain effective working relationships with community members of all ages and abilities as well as Boston Bruins staff and external contacts
- Maintain an animated personality with good interpersonal communication skills and creativity
- Responsible for transportation and parting to and from games and events, unless otherwise notified
- Conduct costume maintenance including cleaning, minor repairs and other basic upkeep
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one year experience as a mascot at the college, minor, or professional level for a sports team
- Must have a strong hockey background and excellent skating ability in hockey stakes
- Must have excellent communication skills and be courteous, friendly, reliable, punctual and great with children
- Ability to interact with and entertain a crowd of all ages
- Ability to dance but in a manner that retains the aforementioned ruggedness
- Willingness to be trained, coached, and critiqued to perform as Blades
- Ability to work flexible hours on weekdays, nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to maintain and react to a flexible schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Due to costume restrictions, applicants must be in the height range of 5’5” to 5’8”.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in Boston or the surrounding area?
2. Do you know how to ice skate with hockey skates?
3. Do you have reliable transportation?
4. Are you between the height range of 5’5” to 5’8”?