Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club is seeking an entry-level to moderately experienced Video Editor & Motion Graphic Animator. This position will be responsible for creating content primarily for the Game & Event Presentation department, including: videos, digital content and motion graphics for distribution in-arena, as well as web, TV, and other platforms as directed. The candidate must have the ability to manage and prioritize several projects concurrently…both independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Edit video features, promotional spots, and other video content as directed. Primary focus on LA Kings projects (including sponsor content), but will also work on Ontario Reign, Eisbaren Berlin, and potential AEG projects as directed.
- Design and animate dynamic 2D and 3D still & motion graphics used in all aspects of game entertainment for LA Kings home games at STAPLES Center plus additional content as needed for the LA Kings digital production department.
- Media management of digital assets including: viewing, sorting, organizing and prepping footage for video projects, including projects for other editors. Archive/store video on our media servers, pull and distribute game highlights and ENG footage as requested.
- Delivery and distribution of video content for multiple platforms and formats
- Work with LA Kings Game Presentation & Events management to develop and distribute content as requested live during LA Kings home games.
- Assist with LA Kings Game Presentation and Events elements including: planning and execution of pre, post, and in-game ceremonies and promotions at home games, as well as projects in cooperation with other departments as directed, such as: Communications, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, Ticketing, Community Relations, Public Relations and Hockey Development.
- Shoot digital video using a range of recording devices, including pro-level digital video cameras, Go Pro, iPhone, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Experience with and a strong working knowledge of a Mac-based production workflow
- Experience with and a strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro (Creative Cloud) and Final Cut Pro
- Experience with and a strong working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with and a strong working knowledge of a 3D suite (Cinema 4D, or Autodesk Flame, Smoke or Maya)
- Must be a team player, highly motivated with a strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Previous experience in sports production is a plus
- Ability to work in a multi-board, immersive mindset for in-arena content. Experience syncing and bridging media across multiple screens is a plus.
- Videography/digital video shooting experience a plus.
- Candidates must have a demo reel with breakdown and an explanation of their project involvement. Demo reel must demonstrate both editing and animating experience. Please send a link to view your demo reel. DVD’s and hard copies will not be accepted.
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Area of Study: Film/Television, Media, or related field
- 2-4 years related experience
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description