Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
Manager, Game, Event Production, and Operations for the Los Angeles Kings is a highly-organized, and creative professional with a passion for sports/entertainment management and production, as well as live event planning and execution. The individual will associate produce all LA Kings home games and events as directed, including: pre-production, live production, field producing live & pre-taped segments, operations, etc. This individual is also responsible for managing and helping coordinate all in-arena, on-ice, and event activities/promotions/operations. This individual will manage and oversee department part-time Stage Manager staff and additional part-time game/event staff as directed. The individual will work to enhance the experiences of guests attending LA Kings games and events, build relationships with internal clients, vendors, building/event personnel, etc. This person must be a strong multi-tasker, a consummate team-player, and possess the ability to make well-informed decisions in high-pressure and fast-paced environments. This person reports directly to the Senior Director, Game & Event Presentation, Production, Operations & Entertainment – LA Kings & AEG Sports.
- Associate Producer for all LA Kings home games and events as directed. Work directly with Lead Producer/Sr, Director on a variety of production & operations-oriented tasks, including: field producing, pre-production, facilitating rehearsals, and helping coordinate live promotions and activities, including special presentations, ceremonies, etc.
- Serve as project assistant on many LA Kings Game Presentation and Events elements including projects in cooperation with other departments such as: Communications, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, Ticketing, Community Relations, Public Relations and Hockey Development
- Develops and communicates work schedules for part-time live game & event production staff including: Stage Managers, in-game host(s), DJ, public address announcer, etc.
- Oversee and develop the LA Kings National Anthem database. Work with Lead Producer/Sr. Director to select & book talent. Coordinate all day-to-day aspects of the program, including: scheduling, confirmations, reception and sound-checks on game/event days, and assisting with/handling any additional talent hospitality-related needs.
- Works closely with AEG/LA Kings Global Partnership activation team to secure game/event activation needs, including: prizing, props, specialized waivers or claim forms, etc.
- Secondary liaison between STAPLES Center building & operations managers and LA Kings Game Presentation for game days & events.
- Assist with the production and operations of other key organizational events (such as: Meet the Players, Watch Parties, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of our game & event Stage Managers, Hosts, DJ/PA, etc. as directed. This includes working with the Lead Producer/Sr. Director on: hiring, training, scheduling, appraising performance, game/event assignments, uniforms/wardrobe, props/materials, and coordinating with additional Game & Event Administrative Management staff on personnel matters, including payroll.
- Work with Sr. Manager, Game & Event Entertainment & Operations to maintain, upkeep and track all department-related inventory, props, materials, vehicles, and storage areas.
- Coordinate with department editors to maintain our digital game feed database & route fulfilment of (or personally fulfill) digital footage dub and copy requests from within (and outside) our department.
- Drafting/creating game/event fact sheets, timing sheets, rundowns, scripts, and other production-related documents as requested by the Lead Producer/Sr. Director.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Basic operational knowledge and understanding of production principles pertaining to: video/graphic production, lighting, audio/sound production, implementation of special effects, drafting production-related admin documents, etc.
- Basic/working knowledge of Photoshop and/or video editing software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (or Mac equivalent), with particular emphasis on: Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and Outlook
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to successfully manage several projects at once, prioritize assignments, manage expectations of internal and external sources and be extremely organized
- Managerial experience, including direct supervision of part-time and/or full-time staff, hiring, training, assigning projects/duties, appraising performance, rewarding and/or disciplining employees, addressing issues and complaints, and solving problems
- Professional demeanor demonstrating responsibility, initiative and dependability, all with a positive attitude; strong team player
- Proactive and able to work well under pressure; flexible & adapts to various environments & situations.
- High ethical standards, integrity and strong sense of confidentiality; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Passion for live event planning and production with a goal of maximizing guest experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Area of Study: Marketing, Media, Film/Television, Communications, PR or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description