2018 World Junior Championship - Team Host
Team Hosts selected for the 2018 World Junior Championship, to be held from Dec. 26, 2017 to Jan. 5, 2018 in Buffalo, NY, will be respected members of the local community. These individuals will be dedicated to their respective country’s team, ensuring their game and practice-related requirements are addressed in an efficient manner for the duration of the team’s stay in Buffalo.
· Work times will vary between 7 a.m. and midnight*, based on practice and game times of the host’s assigned team. Team Hosts must be available to begin assisting their assigned team on Dec. 25, 2017 through Jan. 6, 2018.
- Two to Four Team Hosts will be assigned to each team for the duration of the tournament including one Bilingual Host (as needed), allowing the Hosts to work in shifts.
- Team Hosts will have access to a provided vehicle to use while transporting members of their assigned team’s management group or while fulfilling team-related needs during their work shifts.
· Team Hosts will be the main contact for each team and will deal with any issues or requests a team might have. If the request is more than the team host can provide, the Director of World Junior Championship or member of the Host Organizing Committee is available to assist.
- Team Hosts will meet their team upon arrival in Buffalo and will be responsible for ensuring all team members and support staff members receive their accreditation.
- Team Hosts will help the Team Managers manage the team’s daily agenda throughout the tournament and will coordinate logistics, such as confirming the daily bus schedule.
- Be available on team’s off times in case team would like to tour area. Team Hosts must be familiar with the Western NY region and may be asked to help facilitate team functions (dinners, entertainment, etc.).
- Be available to transport team personnel in courtesy cars between hotel and arenas or to use the courtesy car to assist with other team needs.
- Work closely with team equipment managers and trainers to help ensure equipment needs, including transfers between facilities, are met in a timely fashion.
- Ensure food snacks and beverages are available for respective team before and after games and practices in conjunction with the Team Services staff.
- Provide logistical support on day of departure from Buffalo.
*Hours subject to change
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Pegula Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Pegula Sports employment site.