The Hockey Lodge is currently seeking part-time Retail Sales Associates for our Xcel Energy Center location. The Hockey Lodge retail stores are part of the Minnesota Sports and Entertainment (MSE) family of businesses which include Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League (NHL), Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) and St. Paul Arena Company (SPAC) operating Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul RiverCentre and the Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium.
These positions are excellent opportunities for those seeking professional part-time retail positions within in a fast-paced, service-oriented retail environment. The Retail Sales Associate position is instrumental in supporting all aspects of retail store operations including specific store duties and projects including but not limited to cashiering, stock, size and straighten merchandise as well as offering superior customer service. Candidates should be reliable, flexible, passionate and dedicated to providing exceptional levels of service. The starting hourly wage is $9.75.
Preferred availability: game nights, days, and weekends
• Professionally greet and assist customers with the selection of retail merchandise and apparel selections, questions and sales of Wild merchandise in a high-volume, service-oriented retail environment
• Accurate and timely processing of all sales transactions on register or point-of-sale terminal including sales, exchanges and returns
• Assist in stocking merchandise on sales floor, refreshing inventory on shelves, assisting with displays or promotions, and special orders
• Professionally represent and promote Minnesota Wild Brand to all customers, fans and guests
• Help and assist in maintaining a professional store and sales floor appearance ensuring merchandise is properly displayed on floor
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and key events (a minimum of 75% of Wild Hockey games and 50% of non-Wild Hockey events)
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
• High School Diploma
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Retail sales or customer service experience required.
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to assist customers in the selection of merchandise and apparel, and answer related questions and inquires
• Passionate about providing exceptional levels of service ensuring quality retail experience for every fan, guest and customer
• Demonstrated ability to understand, support and follow company and store policies, procedures and practices
• Ability to use computer sales terminal with strong attention to detail
• Experience working with retail management systems and/or inventory databases, experience with CounterPoint a plus
• Strong time-management skills with ability to prioritize service and requests with other related duties within retail environment
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule including evenings, weekends and/or holidays
• Must be able to work a minimum of 75% of Wild Hockey games and 50% of non-Wild Hockey events
• Lifting requirements – must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.
The Hockey Lodge is committed to consistently delivering a quality retail experience and excellent service to all customers, fans, guests and community partners.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.