This position will manage all phases of financial analysis, accounting, budgeting and business planning for NHL's Technology group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Manage, document and track the financial terms and obligations of relevant technology contracts.
- Prepare, track and analyze annual budgets and forecasts.
- Document and track Capital purchases and work closely with General Accounting to properly categorize the capital purchased in order to determine the asset's useful life and depreciation.
- Prepare and manage journal entries and related analysis as part of monthly and year-end financial close process, including preparation of P&L reports and variance explanations.
- Manage creation of supplemental management reporting for department heads, board meetings etc.
- Work with Technology group to evaluate current processes and implement changes where needed.
- Special Projects and other miscellaneous department related duties as assigned.
The qualified applicant will have an Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year college or university and at least 4+ years of comparable work experience. They should have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and be disciplined, organized and detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy in all tasks. The ideal candidate possesses excellent prioritization skills and flexibility to respond to multiple changing priorities. Must have the ability to take ownership of tasks and work with minimal supervision with a high level of confidence. Must be proficient in MS Excel (Pivot Tables, SumIf formulas, Vlookup, etc) and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments. Should have experience with business planning, budgeting and modeling.
We thank all applicants for heir interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.