2017-18 Hockey Operations Internship
The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! Under general direction and supervision, this position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the organization. This position will be expected to prepare staff and scout credentialing and ticket requests, organize mailings, work with partnering departments on graphics and video projects, and complete basic statistics and spreadsheet projects (including game-night data collection). It is critical that the incumbent in this position have the ability and emotional maturity to exercise sound judgment regarding confidential matters and hold a high regard for ethical behavior. Additionally, the incumbent in this role must possess and demonstrate strong independent reasoning and problem solving skills, in addition to being detail oriented and extremely organized.
Your attendance would be required at every Predators home game. For each home game, you would be provided with a pre-game meal and a seat in the press box area.
Hockey Operations Internship Minimum Requirements:
- Reliable transportation to and from Bridgestone Arena
- Interns must be able to work both traditional office hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm), as well as non-traditional hours on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to work for the duration of the 2017-18 NHL season.
- Strong computer skills, including programs such as Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Extra consideration will be given to applicants with demonstrated programming and statistical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be insurable under our policy for purposes of driving as necessary for events and other assigned duties
Nashville Predators Internship Requirements:
- Interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
- The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree (explain in your cover letter).
- Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
- Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion.
- Interns must be fun, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
- If you do not meet ALL of the minimum requirements for the Nashville Predators Internship and Hockey Operations Internship, please do not apply
- No phone calls and/or emails, please