The Islanders Community Relations department acts as a liaison between the Islanders and the community. Interns entering into this department will participate in planning and hosting events throughout the metropolitan area as part of our grassroots marketing campaigns. Interns will be fun, energetic, enthusiastic and committed to promoting the New York Islanders in the community.
Primary (Essential) Responsibilities:
Community/Team Events/Islanders Game Nights
Help with both on and off-site events (i.e. Islanders special events, Islanders I.C.E. Tour events, festivals, etc.) in an effort to promote the New York Islanders
- Responsible for the set-up, operation and breakdown of all interactive elements and the New York Islanders I.C.E. Tour vehicles at scheduled events
- Responsible for all operational needs and activation of the following elements while at events representing the New York Islanders- handout of giveaways, facilitate on-site promotions, interact with fans and communicate team information
- Make sure vehicles are fully stocked with necessary items for each event and ensure team vehicles are kept clean at all times
- Responsible for fan engagement, data collection at each event and proper storage of data
- Responsible for completing post-event wrap-up forms after every event
- Assist with planning/solicitation for Islanders Children’s Foundation events (i.e. ICF Casino Night)
- Be available to assist the Community Relations staff at Islanders home games throughout the course of the season with Community Relations, Islanders Children’s Foundation and team initiatives.
To be considered for an internship, you must include the following:
** We do not provide housing or transportation.