The Corporate Trainer is responsible for design, development, implementation, delivery and administration of the company training programs for colleagues at various levels throughout the organizations (OEI, DRW, ODM and IHI). Works with business leaders to understand specific learning and development needs, provides recommendations and develops training programs to address needs. Develops training programs for our front line guest services team that will enable them to provide our guest with a consistent level of impressive service which exceeds their expectations and enhances their entertainment experience. Responsible for full lifecycle of training and development programs from needs assessment through delivery and evaluation/management. Proactively identifies opportunities for learning to enhance business processes, optimize colleague performance and increase leadership capabilities across the organizations.
1. Develop and implement training programs that support and promote the organization’s mission, value statement and guiding principles.
2. Works with business leaders to identify training and development needs and effectively translates those needs into learning and development strategies.
3. Recommends learning programs to address organizational capability gaps and colleague development needs.
4. Develops, delivers or sources training programs across the organization.
5. Conducts training and development on targeted topics including customer service, leadership development, technologies, compliance related topics, and company policies/ procedures, using adult learning theory and techniques.
6. Develops and conducts new colleague orientation/onboarding for full-time and event staff that provides a solid foundation on the organization’s mission statement, core values and culture.
7. Develops train-the-training modules to assist in conducting event staff training.
8. Develops and prepares or selects training materials such as participant guides/manuals, handouts, visual aids, multi-media materials and evaluation forms.
9. Maintains tracking system and/or learning management system (LMS) to ensure accurate colleague training records, track training needs and collect evaluation results.
10. Develops measurement system for all services delivered.
11. Builds and maintains relationships with business leaders to identify training and development needs and support overall business strategy.
12. Continually monitors the effectiveness of programs; recommends new approaches to improve, update or enhance services offered.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related area.
2. A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in employee training and development, with relevant customer service training experience.
3. Strong classroom instruction and facilitation skills.
4. Knowledge of instructional design, content development and adult learning techniques and theory.
5. Experienced in conducting needs assessment, performance measurement and evaluation.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
7. Coaching and counseling skills including the ability to give positive and constructive feedback.
8. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
9. Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in the sports or entertainment industry preferred.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
2. Exposure to high noise level.
3. Frequent visual/auditory attention.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Olympia Entertainment, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.