JOB SUMMARY: This position will be the driving sales and operational force behind the execution of the 50/50 Raffle Program, benefiting the Dallas Stars Foundation. A 50/50 raffle is a raffle that will take place at all home games of the teams in accordance with Texas law, where one lucky winner will receive 50% of the pot (after allowable expenses) from that night’s event, while the team foundation will receive the other 50% to be dedicated to their ongoing charitable efforts. This seasonal position will start in September and end at the end of the Dallas Stars Season (anywhere from April – June).
- All training and instruction for game night sales staff.
- Scheduling of nightly game night sales staff.
- Staff evaluations on a nightly basis to ensure best quality customer service and sales results.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the 50/50 Raffle software and hardware technology with the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.
- Cash reconciliation and reporting responsibilities for the team foundation on a nightly basis.
- Oversee and enforce the consistency of Dallas Stars and American Airlines center branding in all public forums.
- Game night selling of raffle tickets to Dallas Stars customers within the American Airlines Center in either a stationary kiosk location or as a roaming sales representative as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally with a an emphasis in sales, event management or sports management
- 2 years of experience in leading a large group of employees or volunteers in some sales or event-related sports field.
- Energetic with the ability to naturally manage both up and down organizational hierarchies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a stressful and hectic game night environment
- Non-traditional working hours are required for this position while teams are in market.
- Must be able to attend at least 75% of each home regular season and playoff game for the Dallas Stars during the 2017-2018 season.
- A passion for charity work and a knowledge of the working environment in a professional sports arena.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an arena environment, with noise levels that can become considerably loud.
DSE Hockey Club, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer