The New York Islanders are looking for motivated interns with video production experience to have the opportunity to learn how to develop and create content for a variety of Sports Broadcasting platforms.
- Intern must be pursuing or has pursued a degree in Film, Television Production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or a closely related field.
- Internship will be 1-3 office days as well as occasional Islanders Game day/Game nights.
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends.
- Must have own transportation.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro 7
- Knowledge of basic lighting techniques
- Experience in shooting with HD professional cameras (Sony XD Cam, EX, FS7, F55, GoPro)
Desired but not required qualifications:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of DSLRs and lenses
Game Days/Game Nights include:
- Opportunity to gain hands on experience learning how Islanders public relations, game content, fan footage and other community related events are filmed.
- Opportunity to gain experience with how video staff work with professional athletes and Islanders executives (coaches and management).
Islanders TV Internship offers the chance to:
- Gain experience & knowledge of how filming live sporting events is done.
- Learn how to develop, create and produce a variety of packages for Islanders TV.
- Learn how to log, cut, and organize Islanders Highlight Melts.
- Acquire the ability of how to create 2D/3D GFX & Animations.
** If selected for an interview a demo reel or portfolio of your own work will be required.
** The New York Islanders do not provide housing or transportation for this Internship.