Casual Labor – Conversion Crew staff are responsible for assisting full-time and temporary staff with the set-up and tear-down tasks in the Xcel Energy Center, Roy Wilkins Auditorium and Saint Paul RiverCentre. The starting hourly rate is $12.75 an hour.
• Set-up and tear down seating risers, dasher boards, rink glass, seating platforms and basketball court.
• Set-up tables and chairs per Event Order diagrams.
• Assist with installation of ice deck on the arena floor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 18 years old
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• General building maintenance preferred
• Tools, materials and supplies commonly used in building cleaning and maintenance a plus
• Work in a team-oriented environment with other part-time, full-time and temporary staff
• Experience in maintenance and set-up/tear-down in an arena/convention center/hotel environment a plus
• Communicate effectively with coworkers and building clients
• Deal tactfully with the general public
• Work on a crew in challenging/pressure situations
• Ability to understand spoken and written directions
• Ability to work a primarily 3rd shift schedule that includes weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided
• Work long hours with limited supervision
• Ability to spend most, if not all, of a work shift on your feet (8 hours)
• Climb up and down stairs on a regular basis
• Work hours fluctuate based on the event schedule, ability to work a majority (90%+) of all arena conversions
Local Candidates Only. Please no phone calls.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.