The 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins are an Original Six franchise in the National Hockey League with a storied history going back to 1924. They have won 6 Stanley Cup championships and have had the numbers of 10 former players retired. In addition, The Bruins have had 52 former players/coaches named to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Visit the Boston Bruins’ website at http://www.bostonbruins.com.
- Assist Community Relations staff with daily activities and projects.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of Community Relations and Youth Hockey programs.
- Create and assist with promotional ideas and events for current and potential Boston Bruins Community Relations strategies and sponsors.
- Write event recaps and keep a comprehensive record media clips that cover Boston Bruins special events.
- Participate on the Bruins Game Night Staff assisting with the fulfillment of Fan Experiences and other Community Relations Activities.
- Attend and contribute to all Boston Bruins special events including Community Relations and Youth Hockey events.
- Assist at team signings, practices and appearances when necessary.
- Serve as a liaison to the community by responding to fan requests in a timely manner.
- Manage several team related databases including those related to donations, programs, and events.
- Receive, process and respond to local charity requests.
- Collect and respond to fan mail.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Policies:
- Applicants must be able to lift a minimum of (25) pounds and perform some manual labor as an essential function of the position.
- All interns are required to perform at least (2) appearances as Blades, the Boston Bruins mascot.
- Interns are required to work all game days and major team events when asked.
- No personal calls, text messages, instant messaging, surfing the Internet or personal emails are allowed. The Boston Bruins phone and computer systems are intended for professional uses only.
- The Boston Bruins office is a business casual environment. On game days, business attire is required. All interns will be notified of a dress code for events taking place outside the office.
Interns are required to provide their own transportation to and from work as well as determine their own parking arrangements. The TD Garden is located on Causeway Street near Boston’s famous “North End” and is easily accessible by car, train or bus. The front office of the Boston Bruins Community Relations team is located at 141 Portland Street, a 5 minute walk from the TD Garden's West Entrance. Please note that interns are responsible for their own parking expenses.
Positions Available: 4
Tenure: September - December/Early January
Obligation: Must have flexible schedule and be willing to work all Bruins home games, major events, and additional community activities when asked.
The hiring manager will reach out to candidates directly if they feel they are a match for the role.