The Marketing Live Events Coordinator will serve as the Ducks mascot “Wild Wing” and assist with various grassroots marketing initiatives, community and special events and other projects and activities as necessary which encompass the marketing strategy of the Anaheim Ducks. The ideal candidate would have experience performing as a mascot; possess excellent non-verbal communication skills, athletically and physically fit, and have a creative and humorous personality. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
• Operate as Wild Wing for Marketing, Corporate Partnership, Community Relations, Public Relations, and Signature Events and The Rinks appearances.
• Work to assist the Entertainment Department with the game presentation experience (develop, create and execute new performance skits).
• Perform as the mascot at select Ducks home games.
• Responsible for proper maintenance and care of the costume, wardrobe, props, etc.
• Take the initiative to book off-site Ducks themed events centered on mascot and Street Team inclusion.
• Work with New Media/Marketing staff to create a formal online booking process for paid appearances.
• Coordinate mascot appearance schedule.
• Estimate of total time performing as Wild Wing will encompass 40% of responsibilities.
• Assist the Marketing & Entertainment Coordinator with the planning and implementation of Street Team events at various off-site venues.
• Collaborate on new campaigns and strategies to help increase Anaheim Ducks exposure and community awareness.
• Attend weekly creative meetings with Marketing and game operations staff.
• Assist with other events, promotions and assignments as necessary and assigned.
• Ability to work in excessive heat or cold under stressful conditions while in costume.
• Capacity to perform simple acrobatic acts, within reason, while wearing the Wild Wing mascot suit.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills – must adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
• Good analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality.
• Capability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team environment.
• Customer-service oriented.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Possess a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexible schedule – Must be able to work home games, nights/weekends and holidays as required.
• Requires prolonged standing; ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
• Great personality
• Good with spontaneous crowd-interaction.
• Previous marketing, promotional or event experience preferred.
• Performer training a plus