Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Ontario Reign (AHL), Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world’s leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The LA Kings are currently seeking a highly motivated, energetic and talented individual to become a vital part of the game presentation and events department. The Game Operations Associate will handle components related to the game day experience at Los Angeles Kings home games. Working under the supervision of the department managers, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for prepping and breaking down all Game Entertainment elements.
- Assist with all behind the scenes duties before, during, and after games/events
- Prepare all in-game promotional giveaways and intermission activities
- Responsible for the preparation of the Bailey’s Buddies booth including stocking inventory
- Promote/sell items for Kings Care foundation including Bailey’s Buddies, calendars, etc.
- Assist Game Presentation Management and part-time staff (Stage Managers, Ice Crew) as directed
- Assist in set up and preparation of pre-game LA Kings Fan Fests
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior Game Operations, marketing, promotions, and/or sales experience is a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience at the collegiate, minor or professional league level
- Background in Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality industry preferred
- Interest in hockey and/or other team sports a plus