Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), Ontario Reign (AHL), Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world’s leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
LA Kings Stage Managers will work under the supervision of the management staff of the Los Angeles Kings Game & Event Presentation, Production, Operations, and Entertainment department. They will assist in the coordination and execution of all assigned aspects relating to live game and event production.
- Provide operational support to the Game Presentation department during all LA Kings home games and scheduled events.
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including: sound checks (anthem singers, host/emcee mics, communication devices, etc.), opening introductions, in-game promotions, intermission activities, ceremonies, special effects, performers, color guards, etc.
- Prep, manage, and clean/put back props and other materials that will be used during the course of the game/event. Promptly communicate any problems, issues, defects, or feedback to production management.
- Will act as a liaison between the game/event Producers and Managers to set up and cue part-time Kings Ice Crew staff, hosts, emcees and other talent for live promotional opportunities and intermission activities that occur throughout the game.
- Coordinate with vendors, talent, players, executives, and guests to successfully execute all scripted elements and improvised elements as required and as assigned.
- Work with Producers and camera operators to frame and set up live promotions while coordinating with contestants, hosts, mascot, promotional team, and additional talent.
- Responsible for ensuring that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game entertainment elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time, and are executed accurately.
- Promptly relay and communicate any and all information to the game Producer and/or Director should any problems/issues/changes to scripted elements occur.
- Ensure all promotions and activities are accurately and clearly communicated and explained to any/all participants.
- Ensure any/all safety and other precautions have been taken regarding participants in all promotions and activities, particularly on-ice. Examples include: providing and assisting with safety equipment, waivers, etc.
- Manage and coordinate ceremonies, entertainers, and other live presentations in coordination with instruction from Lead Producer.
- Work with game/event management to ensure all prizing for any/all promotions or activities is correct, present, and distributed as instructed.
- Find/secure contestants as required; escort talent, guests, experiential participants, and/or staff as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Must be proactive, organized, and resourceful with great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize efficiently and quickly
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management, staff, guests, children, executives, celebrities, players, VIP’s, etc.
- Ability to lift at least 20-30 pounds at a time
- Flexible schedule; able to commit to 80% or more of LA Kings home games (all Stage Managers are not required to work all home games – games are scheduled on a rotating basis amongst the Stage Manager pool of employees).
Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Bachelor’s degree, or current college student, is strongly preferred
- 1-2+ years of experience working in live sports entertainment, TV/Film production, live event management, or other relevant production/coordination experience preferred.
- NHL/LA Kings knowledge and passion is a plus
- Strong team-player; “above and beyond” work ethic and mentality
- Skating ability (hockey skates) is a plus, but not required