The Nashville Predators offer full-time college students the opportunity to gain hands on experience and earn college credit at the same time! The Preds are seeking an energetic individual who is enthusiastic and committed to furthering the sport of hockey and skating for their summer internship program (May-August).
Please read below for requirements and description.
Nashville Predators / Ford Ice Center Internship Requirements
· Interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities.
· The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum.
· The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree (explain in your cover letter).
· Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester including non-traditional work hours, evenings, weekends and holidays. During the season this may include game nights.
· Interns must be fun, energetic and outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service approach.
· Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in fast paced work environment.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word).
· Ability to work with and around water and ice and to work at or below freezing temperatures for extended periods of time.
· As a condition of internship, qualified applicant will be subject to a background check, including a criminal history check and character references.
This position assists the functionality of the office staff at Ford Ice Center not limited to the following:
· Provide day-to-day administrative support
· Maintenance of waiver system
· Inventory of equipment
· Provide backup assistance to front desk, which includes operation of the phones
· Assist Business Operations Coordinator and Marketing Coordinator
· Organization/Implementation of summer events at Ford Ice Center
· Support General Manager and Office Manager on various projects, as assigned
*Internships do not provide housing, compensation or transportation.
*Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion.
Please apply through www.teamworkonline.com; no phone calls/emails please.