As Designer, Social Media Content, you’ll play a leading role in the ideation and creation of visual assets across all owned NHL social media and digital platforms. This is a self-motivated individual within the social media team taking primary role in the production and execution of day-to-day social media content. You’ll be producing content that fights for attention in a fast-paced, demanding environment so you should expect to set the bar high on quality, effectiveness, and creativity while consistently delivering upon on those qualities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will:
- Manage the design process of developing and executing original content across NHL social media platforms via Photoshop and visual editing tools – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and more.
- Serve as a primary curator and producer of the NHL social content calendar.
- Work closely with supervisor and greater social media team in the planning and development of social content.
- Collaborate regularly with internal and external stakeholders including the NHL.com editorial team, In-Game Communications, NHL PR, MLBAM, and NHL clubs, in the cross-platform execution of editorial content.
- Play key role in capturing, curating, and designing on-site content at NHL games and events.
- Stay on top of evolving social/digital behaviors and apply insights into creative and strategic approach to content production.
The qualified applicants should have 3 to 5 years of experience in social media, digital marketing, and/or content creation for a Sports, Media, or Lifestyle brand. Bachelor's Degree required. They will have strong creative development skills with a focus on visual storytelling and graphic design. Must be professionally trained in Photoshop and other visual editing tools. Must have a passion for and an elaborate knowledge of the NHL, its teams, players, history, rules, and the game of hockey. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable capability with light video editing tools and PowerPoint. They should have well-developed knowledge of the social media landscape. This person must exhibit excellent attention to detail with the ability to work in groups and manage a large number of projects at a given time. Must exhibit great communication and organization with the ability to constantly prioritize tasks, applies an entrepreneurial approach to their work and has a positive and upbeat attitude towards their job. The ability to request feedback and is open to constructive criticism. The successful person for this role must have the ability to work nights/weekends and travel as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.