Marketing Intern-(Full-time, Seasonal)
The Marketing Intern is a full-time seasonal position within the Marketing Department of the Anaheim Ducks. This position will focus on administrative duties that relate to the needs of the team’s grassroots and Fan Development marketing initiatives. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the execution of several programs in and out of the office. The goals of the programs are to integrate the team, players and the Anaheim Ducks brand into the community. EOE
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
- Assist in the development of various marketing programs
- Anaheim Ducks G.O.A.L. Hockey Program:
- Assist in cultivating relationships with local ice and roller hockey rinks in Southern California and leverage the existing youth hockey community programs.
- Work with the local rink managers and organizations to establish events and programs.
- Assist manager with each of the G.O.A.L. initiatives including S.C.O.R.E. a G.O.A.L., Throw-Back Classic, Mini 1-on-1, All-Star Academy, Anaheim Ducks High School Hockey League and the i3 Roller Hockey League.
- Search for High School bands to compete in a talent show during the High School Hockey League All-Star Game.
o Wild Wingers Kids Club:
§ Manage the Kids Club database and assist with communication regarding Kids Club inquiries.
§ Work with fulfillment house to pick up/drop off additional kits before and after game days.
§ Assist with the planning and execution of all Kids Club parties.
§ Act as the contact for the off-site storage facility and keep up to date inventory of promotional items, remaining kits and sales brochures.
§ Work Kids Club promotional events and all Anaheim Ducks home games to sell and promote the kit/club.
§ Assist with papering the arena prior to Ducks home games.
o Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. (school program):
§ Assist in the scheduling, planning, and logistics with the Anaheim Ducks school events program. Provide support for school open houses, carnivals, literacy days, and assembly events throughout the season.
§ Oversee the Reading Is the Goal literacy program which includes responsibilities such as database management, promotional items procurement, and scheduling classroom parties.
§ Work on various tasks involving databasing, event planning, creative design, and content creation for all Ducks S.C.O.R.E. programming (Reading Is the Goal, Captain’s Challenge, First Flight Field Trip, etc.)
§ Assist in the planning of the 10th annual Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout.
o Die Hards - Official Anaheim Ducks Booster Club
- Assist with the Die Hards event and game-day tasks.
- Assist in planning and executing Die Hards events such as the Holiday Party, End of Year Party and Road Trip.
- Work with the Die Hards Advisory Committee to supervise working and parking passes for game-day Die Hards staff.
- Act as the contact for additional item requests from Advisory Committee.
- Assist Advisory Committee in fulfillment of VIP Program incentive items.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
· Working knowledge of basic productivity applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
· Familiar with community outreach and service activities and genuine enthusiasm for charitable involvement
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work with diverse populations, including adults and children of all ages
· Must be detail oriented, motivated and a self-starter with a high level of energy and commitment
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays as required
· Passionate and knowledgeable about the Anaheim Ducks, hockey and sports in general
· Possess a valid California driver’s license and a good driving record