Position Title: Finance Administrator
Reports To: Director - Payroll, Finance Manager
Assist with payroll duties for players and management including proper taxing, fringe benefits, and 401k. Perform administrative work related to the accounts payable and expense reimbursement systems. Work involves processing, distribution and maintenance of invoices; verifying and reconciling balances, communication with vendors and setting up financial records; and financial forms processing.
· Assist player and management payrolls and certain off-cycle payrolls.
· Assist with reconciling the bi-monthly 401k deposits and 401k reconciliation.
· Update the payroll with the proper taxing implements and benefits information.
· Perform daily accounts payable and expense reimbursement responsibilities.
· Process invoices and check requests, including reviewing for proper account codes, discounts, and payment terms.
· Process journal vouchers and checks for payment.
· Update accounting system and maintain knowledge of system necessary for data entry and retrieval.
· Respond to questions regarding billing and payroll issues. Act as a liaison between departments and vendors.
· Assist in the annual financial audit as well as the 401k and workers compensation audits.
· Update accounting system with payable related transactions.
· Respond to employee and vendor questions in a timely and professional manner.
· Reconcile month-end accounts payable and payable related accounts.
· Organize and file payable records and reports.
· Participate in problem solving and special projects within the finance department.
· Other projects and responsibilities as directed.
· BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
· 3-5 years’ experience in payroll and benefits related functions.
· 3-5 years experience in accounts payable functions.
· Knowledge of payroll and accounts payable best practices.
· Familiarity with payroll (ADP) and accounts payable accounting systems a plus.
· Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material required.
· Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy of all reports and financials.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as may be dictated by game and event schedule.