Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The Kings Care Foundation 50/50 Raffle Seller will play a crucial role within the organization’s game day operations. During each home game, 50/50 raffle tickets will be sold to fans with 50% of proceeds going to an individual and 50% of the proceeds benefiting nonprofit organizations. This position requires an outgoing, high-energy and enthusiastic personality, as sellers will be asked to approach fans attending the game on the concourse and suite levels.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sell 50/50 raffle tickets to fans at Los Angeles Kings home games
- Comfortably handle large cash transactions, credit card machines and the sale and distribution of 50/50 raffle tickets throughout your work shift.
- Work to engage fans and staff to spread awareness of the 50/50 raffle program and the Kings Care Foundation by approaching fans.
- Problem solve quickly and efficiently. Answer questions fans may have about the 50/50 raffle program.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding designated sales goals per game.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Prior cash handling experience required.
- Ability to interact positively with large fan base and work independently.
- Self-starter who will consistently challenge oneself to increase their individual 50/50 raffle ticket sales.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sales skills; a background in sales or marketing is strongly encouraged.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary. Shifts are approximately 5 hours each and take place during LA Kings home games.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidate will be subject to a background check and credit check.
Education and Formal Training:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education.