The Digital Media Intern will primarily serve a role in digital content production and website management for the Sharks and Barracuda club sites with additional opportunities to produce content across multiple digital platforms.
The internship will grant opportunities to learn about the Sharks Sports and Entertainment Digital Media Department in a real-time environment as well as many of the day-to-day work functions of SSE.
Areas of Focus and Learning
• Website Management
• Take a large role in performing webpage updates and development for departments across SSE
• Assist in managing the editorial content placement on a day-to-day basis
• Support future development of the website to become a best-in-class resource and hub of content
• Track and monitor web trends and analytics to support future decisions and development of the Sharks and Barracuda websites.
• Digital Content Production & Management
• Assist in gameday production of content not limited to assisting the social media production team, managing content on the official mobile app, updating the website homepage and photo asset management
• Research and develop advancements to digital media strategy for SSE properties
• Develop and occasionally fulfill original content ideas
• Special Projects
• Assist the Digital Media Department with special projects as they arise
• Assist with social media management and administrative tasks including, but not limited to, periodic research and reporting
Competencies and Qualifications
• Available to work approximately 20 hours per week, including game nights and weekends based on event schedule
• Educational concentration in digital media, new media, journalism, marketing, communication or related field preferred
• Demonstrable knowledge of digital media platforms and technology
• Must have strong communication skills and be willing to thrive in both collaborative and independent working environments
• General knowledge of hockey and the sports and entertainment industry preferred
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.