The Creative Services Manager, under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Fan Development, will oversee creative brand execution, graphic design, advertising, sales and corporate projects for all Sharks Sports & Entertainment properties including the San Jose Sharks, San Jose Barracuda, SAP Center, Solar4America Ice Fremont & San Jose and Oakland Ice Center. In addition, the Creative Services Manager will also oversee all production timelines and projects with promotional product and print vendors.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Manages, inspires and motivates team of 3 graphic designers to drive creative excellence, innovation and results to meet productivity standards
• Work collaboratively with Creative Services team and internal departments to ensure overall brand goals, strategy, processes and objectives are clearly identified and upheld, from deliverables to campaigns and collateral
• Manages all promotional/printing/production projects from start to finish including quote process, production timelines and quality control for vendors serving as teams primary point of contact with all vendors
• Maintains the team’s exceptional quality and timely delivery of all design output, expertly juggling competing priorities among departments
• Provides meaningful, clear art direction and feedback to achieve objectives
• Sells work to senior management, effectively communicating creative strategy
• Identifies and removes obstacles, adjusts workload and assignments while streamlining processes to accommodate changing business needs
• Design and produce graphics and artwork for digital media, advertising or large format signage
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
• Organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Strong time management skills
Competencies and Qualifications
1. Proficiency in graphics, graphics design, and artistic endeavors
2. Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
3. Must have incredible attention to detail and eye for corporate branding
4. Creative, flexible, and capable of working independently with outside businesses on the development and design of creative.
5. Experience in project management working with
6. Ability to convey complex design concepts both verbally and in writing.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
9. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.