The Production Manager for NHL.com International will be responsible for programming editorial and video content in an effort to help grow NHL.com's seven foreign language websites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will be:
- Determining when and where to run editorial and video content across NHL.com's seven foreign language websites.
- Working alongside NHL.com International Director and NHL.com International Content Manager to deliver comprehensive editorial and video plans on NHL.com's seven foreign language websites.
- Oversight of NHL.com's seven foreign language websites, as well as oversight of NHL.com International production staff to ensure content is produced correctly and timely.
- Travel to NHL tent-pole events when required to perform regular duties as well as conducting professional interviews with players, coaches and management.
- Programming editorial and video content across NHL social media platforms.
- Writing necessary companion headlines and video descriptions for corresponding content.
- Communicating with NHL.com English editorial staff to determine what content may need to be translated on NHL.com's seven foreign language websites.
- Communicating with NHL.com International freelance correspondents to deliver comprehensive content plans for NHL.com's seven foreign language websites.
The qualified applicant will have 3 to 5 years plus of professional experience in web production and/or sports journalism and a Bachelor's Degree. Must have a strong understanding of hockey, the players, teams and content important to NHL fans. The ability to produce content that meets business goals and objectives for NHL.com's foreign language websites needed in this role. The successful candidate must have the willingness to work night and day shifts with a varying schedule, including working during all major NHL events. Should be able to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment, work in groups and manage a large number of projects at a given time, including managing content in multiple languages. Must also be able to exhibit great communication and organization with the ability to constantly prioritize tasks. Knowledge of Photoshop, HTML, CSS a plus. Fluent in one of the seven NHL.com international languages a plus (Russian, Finnish, Swedish, German, Czech, Slovak or French).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.