Job Title: Howler’s Kids Club Intern
Department: Community Relations
Reporting: Mascot Coordinator
The Arizona Coyotes are looking for hard-working, creative-minded interns to help establish Howler’s Kids Club as an integral connection between the team and its youth fan base. Interns will be responsible for membership recruitment, database maintenance, and proactive engagement with in-game and external event attendees. Interns will also be involved in the development, planning, and execution of Kids Club activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Arrive early to home games for debriefing of that night’s duties.
• Prepare materials for display and set up branded concourse area prior to doors opening
• Communicate Club benefits and details to patrons and fulfill new memberships on site
• Responsible for tracking and maintaining all funds collected for memberships
• Update current and prospective new members on upcoming Kids Club activities
• Act as mascot support during autograph sessions or other occasions as needed
• Clean up and properly store materials and kit contents
• Various duties as requested
Beyond Game Nights:
• Development of content for marketing, social media, and promotional activities
• Assembly, organization, and distribution of Kids Club membership kits
• Assistance with Kids Club Events on non-game day (i.e. Howliday Skate with Howler)
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and utilizing critical thinking skills.
• Outgoing personality and willingness to engage fans of all ages in a polite, sociable manner
• Ability to collaborate on assigned tasks and work well with others
• Ability to maintain high standards of customer service, mutual respect, and professionalism with all Arizona Coyotes and Gila River Arena staff and patrons
• Must be available to work at least 75% of Coyotes home games at Gila River Arena
• Must have flexible hours including late nights, weekends, holidays, and school breaks
• Must be dependable and possess a positive attitude
• Must have a reliable source of transportation and communication
• Moderate knowledge of sports, specifically ice hockey
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Education and Formal Training:
• Must be a high school graduate and enrolled at a qualified educational institution of higher learning
• Previous internship or job with a professional sports organization and/or experiential marketing is a plus.
• Previous job experience with an emphasis on customer service is a plus.
Material and Equipment Used:
• Apple and PC products including, but not limited to, iPad and Laptop