Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
Reporting: VP, Marketing
The Arizona Coyotes are growing the scope and capabilities of its digital properties, requiring a digitally-savvy hockey fan to play a central role in the development and maintenance of its website and applications, and support of its social media platforms. The Manager, Digital Marketing will be proficient in the Coyotes’ content management system and have an affinity for both technology and sports entertainment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Curate, create and publish creative and editorial content for digital channels.
- Help develop, manage and execute digital marketing programs, promotions and campaigns for digital channels to include: online advertising, website management, mobile, email and other initiatives as approved by senior management.
- Support senior management in defining, developing and executing strategic campaigns to ensure optimization of all digital programs, with a focus on driving awareness, ticket sales, fan engagement, and brand awareness.
- Provide analytics and campaign reports, leveraging findings to support the organization’s digital content strategy and continually improve digital platforms and features.
- Use internal and external data to optimize content, using proven SEO and SEM techniques that drive profit-driven results on all digital channels. Provide recommendations on new technology and best practices to enhance the brand image and amplify results.
- Help lead research and development of new digital trends, communities, and technologies, determining what is scalable for business with recommendations for future campaigns.
- Monitor competitive efforts and recommend changes as needed.
- Maintain digital style guides and help ensure on brand marketing efforts across all digital channels.
- Hold lead role for day-to-day updating and maintenance of the website, and create or update digital assets
- Work closely with Creative Services, Production, Game Presentation, CRM and Social Media to develop, create and distribute integrated content and sharable programming and promotions across all digital platforms. Duties may include real time social media coverage.
- Maintain a digital content and website maintenance calendar and prioritize, track, and remediate issues related to the website.
- Implement and troubleshoot third party applications and assets on digital platforms.
- Assist with consumer relations and conversation monitoring by engaging with fans and resolving customer inquiries related to the web.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Must have ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines on a continual basis.
• Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• A natural curiosity about technology as well as a creative and risk-taking mentality.
• Ability and willingness to execute strategy to tactical level.
• Demonstrates ability to manage budgets.
• Demonstrates ability to be creative in both content development and problem solving.
• Game day/night attendance at home games (41+) and online coverage of away games, plus weekends and evenings relevant to the NHL season and other events required.
Education and Formal Training:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field required.
• 5-7 years of experience creating web design and content within a content management system.
• Knowledge of and experience with content management systems. MLBAM experience a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with youth/amateur hockey community.
• Robust knowledge of the NHL and sports in general.
Material and Equipment Used:
• Office equipment