The Minnesota Wild Marketing Intelligence Department is a progressive and innovative team that uses data driven insights to provide information for leaders of the organization to remain in line with the Wild’s mission statement of creating a greater State of Hockey.
The ideal BI Systems Analyst we be someone with a deep understating of data and the integration of data between different business systems. He or she will be supporting various stakeholders of the organization and will need to clearly and effectively communicate in a group while leading the organization in the areas of data management and software systems and integrations.
The BI Systems Analyst will contribute to the strategic development and execution of CRM campaign management, oversee the data strategy and the mapping of data integrations, with the goal of ensuring the reliability, integrity, and quality of data for the Minnesota Wild. The person in this role will manage the existing data environment, which includes guiding data strategy, expanding the data warehouse to include new sources, and managing data vendors. They will also deep-dive into data quality issues that arise and will work to consistently provide clean and de-duplicated customer records for use in multiple systems and departments throughout the organization
This position reports to the Senior Business Analyst of Marketing Intelligence, and will work closely with other analytics team members, IT team members, and leaders across the business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as administrator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment and work with end users to answer workflow and system-related questions regarding customers, prospects, and best practices.
- Work directly with CRM Vendor to coordinate the implementation of new CRM functionality, reports and dashboards for the sales and service teams.
- Provide day-to-day support for CRM users across the organization.
- Develop campaigns using historical customer data from prior sales, marketing data and other data sources provided.
- Manage data environment and ensure data reliability, integrity, and quality in support of a wide range of business initiatives: fan engagement, fan experience, marketing, sales, stadium operations, etc.
- Normalize data flows for better integration across multiple business systems, in direction with the Wild’s data management vendors
- Review existing data streams to identify inefficiencies and enact solutions that automate and improve
- Develop audits that monitor data feeds, with the goal of detecting, repairing, and preventing duplicates, and other inconsistencies.
- Coordinate with Wild stakeholders to handle matters of data governance, privacy, and security, and to help resolve any systems issues that arise.
- Create and maintain specific reporting within the Wild’s Tableau online using Tableau Desktop
- Work closely with business analysts to provide data for analysis and reporting needs
- Work individually on ad-hoc analysis and BI reporting for organization stakeholders
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, with high proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and 3+ years of experience with relational databases
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with a data warehouse
- Strong command of Microsoft SQL Server, with advanced knowledge of SQL including complex stored procedures, common table expressions, analytic functions, query optimization, and indexing.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, IBM Marketing Cloud, Ticketmaster Archtics and experience working with data management vendors such as KORE, SSB and Ticketmaster, a plus
- Experience creating and maintaining specific reporting using Tableau Desktop, a plus
- Experience with Adobe SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics, a plus
- Experience within the sports/entertainment industry a plus
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, with strong strategic thinking, attention to detail
- The ability to self-teach software skills and the ability to implement software processes for end users
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Ability to think intuitively and resourcefully about how data is managed and how it applies to solving business problems
- Ability to effectively communicate technical aspects to employees who possess less technical knowledge
- Comfortable adapting within a fast-paced small-company environment and comfortable with ambiguity when encountering new problems and “unknowable” topics
- Ability to work both independently and in teams. Ability to build consensus across multiple departments.
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Some physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, twisting, lifting, grasping, typing, etc.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.