Video Production Intern
Sharks Sports and Entertainment
San Jose, CA
The Video Production Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about the Digital Media Department in a real-time environment. The primary focus of this position will center on the basics of video production including but not limited to filming, editing and presentation of video and graphics. There will be additional opportunities for digital content production and creation as well.
This position will be involved not only with the Digital Media department, but also with many of the day-to-day work functions of Sharks Sports and Entertainment (SSE).
Areas of Focus and Learning
• Video Production
o Assisting staff with filming and editing videos
o Assisting in the organization of equipment and video shoots
o Archiving and logging video footage
o Learning about graphic creation
o Developing and occasionally fulfilling original content ideas
Competencies and Qualifications
• Available to work at least 20 hours per week, including nights and weekends based on event schedule
• Educational concentration on video production, journalism, marketing or relating field preferred
• Classroom or hands-on experience with operating cameras, lighting systems, editing systems (non-linear systems like Adobe Creative Suite)
• General knowledge of hockey and the sports industry preferred
• Must have interest in social media and digital trends
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
This is a paid hourly position
Must submit a video reference with your resume
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site.