The Game Presentation and Events team is dedicated to providing the most memorable game day production experience for all fans at Xcel Energy Center. We work in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a fun, trusting atmosphere.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal Game Presentation and Events Intern candidate is hard-working and reliable team player with videography and production experience. Candidates must be able to work independently with a video camera (including Canon DSLR Mark III camera) in the studio and field production setting. He or she will support game day production of Wild Vision digital mornings on game day, and game presentation support with the promotion and events crew during home games.
Position Summary/Description: This full-time, seasonal paid internship will help to coordinate promotions and events with the Marketing Department, and production and game day needs for Game Presentation. Candidate should be reliable, flexible, passionate, and willing to work in a team environment. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a recent undergraduate or graduate student seeking an internship opportunity within a professional sports and entertainment organization.
- Assist in coordination of game day needs and promotions, including – scoreboard messages, clinics, premiums/giveaways, static videoboard graphics, Promo Crew as needed, etc.
- Will serve as camera operator for Game Presentation shoots as needed, including Wild Vision Digital and Game Preview, executed the day prior or morning of each home game day.
- Assist in coordination of Wild marketing events & promotions fulfillment, including – Minnesota State Fair, Fantasy Camp, Opening Weekend activities, Season Ticket holder events, Viewing Parties, Youth Spotlight Games, Faceoff for Fitness School Assembly Program, various player appearances, etc.
- Wild Kids Club database and membership maintainace and coordination of events and special activities.
- Assist with video duplication needs and photo requests.
- Assist with Game Presentation graphic elements in Photoshop.
- Assist Game Presentation Manager with video production shoots, as needed.
- Work game nights and all events as needed or asked by Manager.
- Assist with customer relationship database integration, including data entry and cleansing.
- Assist with the development of customer communication lists and segmentation efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Marketing, Business, Sports Management or related area or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have some experience working with video production, especially DSLR cameras.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Photoshop.
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous sports experience beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and others throughout the organization.
- Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within a professional and team oriented enviroment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work extended hours (40+ hours per week at times) including evenings, weekends and holidays for games and events.
- Available to begin employment the beginning of September and work through the end of the 2017-2018 season.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds or more.
- Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.