As Coordinator, Social Media Programs you’ll be responsible for managing day-to-day operational tasks across the NHL Social Media department with a focus on program planning, execution and reporting. You’ll play a vital role in the elevation of social media as a center for excellence across the League and its 31 clubs while getting hands-on, practical experience in an ever-evolving and growing space.
This position will:
- Develop and execute daily engagement strategy that amplifies player and fan content.
- Communicate and collaborate with all 31 clubs on social media activations and content.
- Work hand-in-hand with digital analytics group and BAMtech partners to provide consistent and insightful reporting on social media content and programs.
- Work closely with events operations to confirm plans and logistics for social media at League tentpole events.
- Play key role in capturing, curating, and publishing on-site content at NHL games and events.
- Perform consistent market research and stay on top of evolving social/digital behaviors and apply insights into creative and strategic approach to content production and communications.
- Integrate with internal departments to ensure social media planning is accounted for across League initiatives.
- Manage vendor invoice processing and other administrative duties within the social media department.
- Curate and distribute the weekly NHL Social Media newsletter.
The qualified applicant will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 to 3 years of professional experience in social media, digital marketing, and/or content creation. They must have a passion for and a developed knowledge of the NHL, its teams, players, history, rules, and the game of hockey. Should be able to identify closely with fans whose Twitter and Instagram feeds are overflowing with hockey. Strong opinions on the best NHL players to follow is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a developed knowledge of the social media landscape, exhibit excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work in groups and manage a large number of projects at a given time. The successful candidate will also exhibit great communication and organization with the ability to constantly prioritize tasks. Should be able to apply an entrepreneurial approach to their work with a positive and upbeat attitude towards their job. Requests feedback and is open to constructive criticism and must have the ability to work nights/weekends and travel as required during the League’s tent-pole events.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.