The New York Islanders are seeking an eager and hard-working individual to assist the amateur hockey development staff as an intern.
The Islanders amateur hockey development intern is responsible for assisting with a variety of duties on a day-to-day basis, both in the office and around hockey rinks. The right individual must take pride in their work and pay attention to detail. Interns must have a strong understanding of the sport of hockey, be able to multi-task, and have strong organizational skills.
- Assist with and maintain the amateur hockey database
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of all amateur hockey programs, including, but not limited to:
- Islanders Hockey Academy, Jr. Islanders Hockey Team, Linzer House Tournament, Lighthouse International Youth Hockey Tournament and Islanders Youth Hockey Jamboree
- Assist with the registration of participants for all amateur hockey programs
- Photograph all programs sessions for use on NewYorkIslanders.com and marketing materials; photography skills can be taught
- Attend ICE (Islanders Community Events) Tour happenings to promote amateur hockey programs
- Office duties
- Assist in building relationships with participating parents and families, and attend programs
- Trustworthy, polite, positive, respectful self-starter who works well with others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Photography skills are also highly regarded
- Interns must be proficient in Microsoft Office and internet navigation
To be considered for an internship, you must include the following: