Hockey is expanding rapidly across the globe and the National Hockey League is leading the charge. Social Media will continue to play a crucial and growing role in that expansion. As Coordinator, International Content & Social Media, you’ll be responsible for the coordination, production, and execution of International content and communications across all owned NHL social media and digital platforms. This is a self-motivated individual within the social media team taking key role in the day-to-day management of programming editorial and video content on social media platforms for NHL.com’s seven foreign language websites, as well as assisting with social media development in China and other emerging markets.
This position will:
- Work hand-in-hand with NHL.com International staff in planning, coordinating and executing international social content across NHL social media platforms – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Work closely with NHL International Strategy team to align on in-market social media strategy.
- Serve as liaison with Chinese social media agency to provide content as needed and ensure NHL brand standards are maintained.
- Launch NHL VKontakte page and build a community within to drive consistent traffic to NHL.com’s Russian website.
- Provide regular, in-depth reporting and analytics on the performance of international social media content.
- Perform consistent market research and stay on top of evolving social/digital behaviors in active international markets and apply insights into creative and strategic approach to content production and communications.
- Work closely with supervisor and greater social media team in the development and optimization of international social content.
- Collaborate regularly with internal and external stakeholders including the NHL.com editorial team, In-Game Communications, BAMtech, and NHL clubs, in the cross-platform execution of editorial content.
The qualified applicant will have a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 to 3 years of professional experience in social media, digital marketing, and/or content creation. They must have a passion for and an elaborate knowledge of the NHL, its teams, players, history, rules, and the game of hockey. Experience with international media platforms a plus. The successful candidate will have a developed knowledge of the social media landscape, exhibit excellent attention to detail and have the ability to work in groups and manage a large number of projects at a given time. Ideal candidate should exhibits great communication and organization with the ability to constantly prioritize tasks; apply an entrepreneurial approach to their work and have a positive and upbeat attitude towards their job. This role needs someone who will request feedback and is open to constructive criticism and must be able to work nights/weekends and travel as required during the League’s tent-pole events.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OF PHONE CALLS PLEASE.