Job Title: Game Presentation Intern/Stage Manager
Department: Game Presentation
Reporting: Coordinator, Game Presentation / Director, Game Presentation
The Arizona Coyotes are seeking enthusiastic individuals to serve as Stage Managers for the 2017-18 season. Qualified candidates are involved with and receive hands-on live event related experience including assisting with pregame preparation, managing and supervising live entertainment programs (national anthem, color guard, etc.) and assisting the host, mascot and Paw Patrol. All individuals should be highly motivated and creative self-starters with an unparalleled work ethic and the desire to be the best. The Stage Managers will report directly to the Game Presentation Coordinator and Director of Game Presentation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Prepare game day documents and deliver to the appropriate recipients by a specific deadline prior to the game.
• Attend pre-game meetings with the Production crew.
• Organize and stage fan experience groups and special guests for various events occurring before and during the game (Color Guard, National Anthem Singer, Giveaways and promotions, etc.).
• Assist with the Marketing, Corporate Sponsorship, and Ticket Sales departments as needed.
• Communicate effectively with game night staff (Game Night Stage Managers; Paw Patrol, Mascot and In-Arena Host) throughout the entire game.
• Act as supplementary support for the Game Presentation Coordinator.
• Various duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
• Sociable personality and willingness to engage fans of all ages in a polite, sociable manner.
• Ability to follow directions easily and act autonomously when necessary
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be available to work at least 75% of Coyotes home games including nights/weekends and holidays and school breaks
• Must be dependable, have a positive attitude, and work well with others.
• Must have a reliable source of transportation.
Education and Formal Training:
• High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
• Must be enrolled at or less than 6 months past graduation from a qualified educational institution of higher learning
• Previous marketing/promotional/event/street team experience preferred.
Material and Equipment Used:
• Minimum 18 years of age.
• Requires prolonged standing; ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.