Senior Payroll Manager
The Senior Payroll Manager will provide leadership and support for the accurate preparation, processing and timely distribution of payroll within our multi-state, multi-site environment. This position will be relied upon as a resource to ensure compliance across our dynamic organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure payroll tax and legal compliance (including hospitality wage laws and multi-state taxation).
- Manage multiple payrolls, including varying pay periods and cycles.
- Supervise payroll processing staff of 3.
- Design and perform internal controls over payroll processing.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly financial recording of payroll and related account reconciliations.
- Take a project management role in various payroll-related projects; work closely with Human Resources. Examples include:
- Automate vacation/sick/personal time request, approval, application and accrual tracking in Ultimate Software system;
- New company payroll setup;
- Compliance with NY Workers Compensation Board Paid Family Leave regulations;
- Support the implementation of self-service onboarding for new employees.
- Identify and design new payroll-related reports to add value for Finance and HR objectives.
- Create payroll processing guidelines for all businesses, update these policies and procedures as needed.
- Identify inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Sr. Manager or above role due to the knowledge and expertise we are requesting; 10 years’ experience preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred.
- Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Experience with:
- Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- System and software implementation, including payroll/HRIS;
- Different classifications of employees with varying pay structures;
- 401(k) reporting; Payroll tax filings
- Food and beverage environment, professional sports and entertainment environment (preferred).
- Systems, procedures, and detail oriented.
- Ability to analyze detailed and complex information
- Effective Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Provides payroll information to other managers and employees – answers questions.
- Ability to communicate across all lines of business and advises management as needed.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Hockey Western New York, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Pegula Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Pegula Sports employment site.