The Student Mentor will assist the NHL Club Business & Analytics team with analysis of Club revenue drivers, specifically focused on ticketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will:
- Process large quantities of primary and secondary market ticketing data to perform trend analysis, uncover patterns, and provide actionable conclusions.
- Gather survey information for and assist in execution of meetings and conference calls.
- Assist Club Business & Analytics group on executing ad-hoc Club analytical requests.
- Assist in the administrative work related to the NHL Club Ticketing Workshops and other relevant industry conferences.
- Review relevant publications for industry news and trends.
The qualified applicant will have, at a minimum, a degree from a four year college or university with a focus in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, or a related field. Currently pursuing an MBA preferred. Successful candidate must be able to commit to at least 12 hours per week. They should be analytical-minded, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills a must. Working knowledge of Tableau and/or SQL a plus. Ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated understanding of the principles of ticketing, pricing, and sports business. Must be creative and able to synthesize succinct findings from large quantities of data. Must have the ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Prior full-time or internship experience in management consulting, investment banking, or a similar industry preferred. Prior relevant experience in quantitative data analysis and statistical modeling preferred. Prior full-time or internship experience in the sports industry preferred.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.