The National Hockey League is seeking an experienced Designer with 3 years of experience
to join our award winning in-house creative team, responsible for visually communicating the NHL Brand.
This position will work alongside and assist creative leads to conceptualize and execute compelling creative and cutting edge design across all NHL lines of business and consumer touchpoints. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a can do spirit who can connect creative concepts with business objectives in a fast paced exciting environment.
This position will:
- Work alongside and taking direction from senior creatives, this individual will help translate business objectives, concepts and information into visually compelling designs that drive the NHL Brand.?
- Work within established NHL Brand guidelines, while also adding unique creative style and flair to a wide array of creative materials, including; brand/event logos, environmental graphic design/event signage, print collateral, retail pop/banners/graphics, digital assets; web banners/skins, social media units, e-mails, and other digital mar/comm deliverables.? (You name it, we do it.).
- Build an understanding of strategy, audience and objectives behind design projects and provides creative brand based solutions.?
- Actively participate in a collaborative environment that fosters new ideas.
- Provide and receive non-judgmental critique and guidance to/from others and remain flexible and open to feedback.
- Effectively communicate with vendors and internal departments to reach the best quality and cost effective solution for each design project.
- Work with production team to ?ensure all projects conform to quality standards and deadlines. ?
- Have an acute eye for detail.
- Have working knowledge of print production (file prep, 4 color, spot colors, PDF and printer ready files).
- Must be able to complete a job from concept on thru to pre-press preparation.
The qualified applicant will have a BS or BA in Graphic Design or a related field and at least 3 years of experience with an in-house design group, professional sports setting or entertainment background. They should be an expert in the latest CC design software including Adobe Creative Suite. Demonstrated mastery of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Keynote, Microsoft Powerpoint. HTML5, Adobe Animate, Google Web is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio, one that makes us say "wow, I wish I did that!" The qualfied Design candidate will be flexible and innovative and collaborate with all members of the NHL CSD team. Portfolio showing relevant work and process, including brand identities and branded environments. Demonstrate ability to create within existing brand identity systems as well as create new design solutions for marketing initiatives, league events, website and social media platforms, and other digital and print requirements. Must have a solid understanding of design principles and process, typography, brand identity design/styleguides, brand management. Knowledgeable of current design and sporting trends. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in fast-paced, dynamic environment. Motivated self starter with the ability to work well under pressure and collaborate in a team environment. Knowledge of sport/ hockey very helpful. Must have the ability to multitask while remaining efficient, poised, and organized. Problem solver with proven ability to visually communicate brand strategies that resonate with and engage fans/consumers. Must provide PDF or link to online portfolio. Some late nights and travel required. THIS IS NOT A SENIOR DESIGN POSITION.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.