WELCOME TO THE MOMENT!
Widely regarded as one of the top ticket sales programs in the sports business, the Devils and Sixers Account Executive of Group Sales position provides sports business executives with the opportunity to learn the business side of professional sports from the top leaders in the sports industry. With a focus on consistent training and development through personalized one-on-one coaching, the Devils and Sixers Account Executive of Group Sales position will build the foundation needed for a long and successful career in the revenue-generating side of the sports business.
Led by one of the industry’s most decorated and well-respected sports business executives in CEO Scott O’Neil, the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers are owned by an investor group led by Managing General Partner Josh Harris. The Sixers and Devils have attracted the industry’s top leadership talent from the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NCAA, resulting in one of the most exciting, rewarding, and dynamic work environments within the entire sport industry.
Position Summary: The New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers seek a self-starter who will be responsible for generating new group ticket sales and managing existing ticket sales accounts. It will be the Account Executives’ responsibility to deliver an enhanced fan experience by building a strong relationship and providing excellent customer service through customized communication and tailored benefits to match the needs of the customer.
• Generating group ticket sales through cold calling, networking, and face-to-face appointments;
• Sell all group inventory; tickets and registrations for Devils and 76ers events at the Wells Fargo Complex and The Prudential Center. Events include Games, Ice or Court Time, Clinics, Competitions, and Workshops hosted by the organization;
• Contacting existing qualified leads as well as generating new sales leads;
• Managing existing group sales accounts;
• Develop and maintain good-working relationships with both internal and external clients;
• Create and maximize Theme Nights;
• Meet and exceed established monthly and annual sales objectives and revenue goals;
• Make 60+ outbound sales calls on a daily basis;
• Identify business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting and following-up on any sales leads and representing the Philadelphia 76ers at assigned functions;
• Improve year-over-year fan satisfaction, retention rates, and associated revenue and profitability goals with defined account base;
• Build strong relationships with defined account base through proactive communication, including seat visits, phone calls, emails, and other communication initiatives;
• Anticipate, respond to, and resolve all complaints, requests, and inquiries from defined account base and general fan base; handle difficult fans and situations in a calm and professional matter, ensuring that each fan interaction results in increased loyalty to the team;
• Ensure customer data and profile requirements are accurately and completely detailed for defined accounts in CRM system;
• Work closely with Ticket Sales, Box Office, Marketing, CRM and Research, Basketball Operations, Arena Staff, Game Presentation, PR, and Sponsorship to execute integrated programs;
• Work assigned sales, promotional and team events during games and outside normal business hours;
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• At least 10 months experience as a top sales producer, preferably in Sports & Entertainment;
• A degree or diploma in business, communications, marketing, sports management or related field;
• Team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a friendly and professional telephone manner;
• High comfort level making cold calls;
• Strong time management and organizational skills;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to self-motivate;
• Flexible and creative problem-solving skills;
• Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel, CRM related software and ticketing applications preferred;
• Knowledge and passion for sales;
• Enthusiastic and outgoing personality;
• Preferably possesses a database of qualified group prospects;
• Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
May be required to travel on game/event days.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.