The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in the organizing, planning, managing and evaluating the financial functions including general ledger, monthly financial statements, budgeting, fixed assets, audit assistance and monthly reporting functions for management. Ensures financial policies and procedures are met.
- Manages the monthly close process including preliminary review of financial statements, preparation and posting of adjusting journal entries, and explanation of budget to actual variances.
- Creates daily, monthly or event based accounting entries for Inter-Company transactions on both the DRW side and the Arena side. Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of new processes as needed in the Little Caesars Arena and surrounding District.
- Assist with the preparation of the NHL reports (HRR and URO) as well as other periodic requests for information from the NHL (ie: sponsorship reports, gate receipt reports, etc).
- Help manage the Agreed Upon Procedures requirement related to the HRR and URO reports and assist the outside auditors that perform the procedures.
- Assists in preparation of the annual budget through analysis of accounts, researching data, and compiling reports.
- Analyzes various general ledger accounts and reconciles deferred revenue, prepaid accounts, and other accounts.
- Provides monthly financial results to various departments, and review results with them.
- Acts in accordance with corporate accounting policies and procedures; recommend new ideas or changes to current policies and procedures as needed.
Supervisory Job Functions:
- Directly supervises 1-2 subordinate colleagues. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training colleagues; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs various duties as assigned by management including special projects, cross train with other colleagues for back-up coverage, and assist in accounting support.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience with a minimum two years in a supervisory role or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and their application to business.
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheet software applications.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with high standards for quality; ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrated staff development skills to properly train and develop staff to meet objectives.
- Establish priorities and organize work; plan and direct the work of subordinate staff.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to work across all functions and vertically at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze procedures to ensure effectiveness.
- Problem solving skills that support and enable sound decision making.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and controls.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience and or knowledge within the sports and entertainment industry.
- Experience with AS400 and Infinium.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention.
- Exposure to moderate noise level.