The Account Executive – Arena Sales will focus primarily on outbound ticket sales and new group business development. The ideal candidate is motivated, reliable, hard-working, organized, and thrives on selling group tickets over the phone or in person. Being comfortable with making 50+ outbound calls per day and selling group tickets to fun, family events such as Disney On Ice, Harlem Globetrotters, figure skating and the San Jose Barracuda is a must! This position will also manage ticketing and service for the 2018 U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Aggressively prospect and generate new group business to maximize revenue for SAP Center events including the San Jose Barracuda.
• Develop and maintain a thorough awareness of all group sales campaigns.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with prospective organizations, companies and clients.
• Monitor and negotiate availability for group events in line with sales objectives and event capacity.
• Meet with all groups to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
Sales Lead Database Follow-Through
• Build and enhance the usefulness of existing lead database and CRM.
• Make use of lists, referrals and other sources to increase prospects and grow the group sales business.
• Identify prospects for each event by networking and conducting aggressive outreach.
• Participate as a team member through meetings and informal support to other team members and support staff, to maximize customer service and sales performance.
• Interact with SAP Center Marketing, Booking and Sales Departments to provide a cooperative, customer-oriented focus for all operations.
• Provide creative input and assertive follow-through to efforts that enhance customer satisfaction.
• Represent the Sales department at various community events and at SAP events to promote ticket sales.
• Perform other tasks and projects as directed.
• Minimum of 1 year of outbound sales, customer service and/or ticketing experience.
• Previous Ticket Sales experience - cold calling skill a must.
• Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience with CRM and Archtics ticketing system a plus.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, detail oriented, strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
• Positive, aggressive, and enthusiastic approach to clients so as to convey a positive image.
• Night and weekend work required including working SAP Center events.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive working relationships and attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Exhibit core company values
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.