The Arena Marketing Assistant, under the direction of the Arena Marketing Coordinator, assists in the creation and execution of marketing and communication plans to drive ticket sales and fan engagement for events at SAP Center.
Major Responsibilities and Representative Tasks
• Assist in executing media plans that include TV, radio, print, digital, outdoor and grassroots, and manage fulfillment including traffic, script writing, production, etc.
• Track event marketing budgets, media schedules and sales data
• Assist and/or manage content updates and fulfillment for SAP Center website, email database and in-arena marketing assets
• Implement social media plans for SAP Center social media platforms
• Research and pursue marketing cross-promotional opportunities by exploiting all internal marketing opportunities as well as developing a network of local contacts for external opportunities
• Manage and fulfill “added-value” contests and other promotions
• Complete marketing design projects as assigned (ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Publisher, or other design programs)
• Work with external advertising creative agencies to fulfill print, radio, TV and outdoor media executions
• Manage fulfillment of all on-site promotions during SAP Center events
The following measurement methods are intended to provide a sound basis for assessing the performance of the jobholder in this position.
• Ticket Sales Revenue for arena events
• Quality level and timeliness of project execution
• Vision, Mission and Values alignment
• Self-development goals
Other Tasks and Projects as business dictates and requires
Competencies and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; degree in Marketing, Business or Communications preferred
• 1-2 years professional experience in the live sports or entertainment industry; Arena marketing experience a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus
• Able to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and organize work according to changing priorities while maintaining a focus on department goals
• Attention to detail is a must
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain quality working relationships with several internal departments, especially sales staff, as well as external agencies, media partners, community organizations, etc.
• Ability to think “outside the box” and come up with creative ideas
• Ability to make quick and complex decisions under pressure
• Ability to conceptualize and provide feedback
• A positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
• Must be able to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Exhibit core company values
We focus on the needs of customers, co-workers and community
· We contribute to the well-being of the greater community through involvement
· We look for opportunities to deliver Plus One service contribute to the well-being of greater community
· We exhibit humility and compassion for the needs, interests and thoughts of others.
· We deliver a wide range of events that appeal to our community in a safe and friendly environment.
· We consistently deliver experiences and solutions that exceed expectations.
We have a strong sense of passion for what we do, our workplace and our brand.
· We know our business
· We are great at what we do
· We wear, display and respect the logo
· We overcome challenges and are resilient
· We continuously improve and maintain our facilities and services
· We create positive experiences for others
· We enjoy what we do
We consistently hold ourselves to a high standard through trust, honesty and loyalty, always doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
· We are always direct, open and honest
· We are transparent and effective in our communications
· We are accountable for our actions and decisions
· We earn the trust of each other
· We do what we say and say what we mean
· We give credit where credit is due
We treat others the way that we want to be treated.
· We recognize that all our roles are important to the success of the organization
· We show up on time
· We consider how our actions affect others
· We honor work life balance
· We act through differences directly with people involved
· We are humble in victory, gracious in defeat
· We appreciate the diversity each person brings
I Am Dedicated
We are committed to making our organization the best in sports and entertainment
· We do what it takes to get the job done
· We go above and beyond our regular job duties
· We maintain a positive attitude
· We rise to the challenge
· We strive to achieve and exceed our goals
· We are fearless in the pursuit of excellence
· We operate with a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver results
· We are proactive and innovative
We are cooperative and selflessly work toward achieving common goals
· We share tools, information, skills and ideas with others to create success
· We actively listen
· We motivate others through example, positive energy and positive reinforcement
· We participate in activities that build camaraderie
· We have each other’s back
No Visa Sponsorship Available.
No relocation services provided-local candidates preferred.