Great Park ICE and Sports Complex
Great Park ICE and Sports Complex
The General Manager’s responsibility for the Great Park ICE and Sports Complex is to ensure the development and management of employees, programs, and events while promoting the Irvine Ice Foundation’s company standards and values. This position oversees a 280,000 square foot, four-sheet ice facility that will host a variety of events (hockey, figure skating, etc.) and features an arena with seating for 2,500, off-ice training facilities, restaurant, concessions, and a pro-shop.
- Develop, implement and manage on-going work force plan and maintain retention. Maintain an active and on-going recruiting base.
- Ensure all positions are filled with qualified personnel in a timely fashion.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with managers and monthly meetings with entire staff.
- Maintain open lines of communication within the organization.
- Oversee employee relations guidelines, internal situations and resolutions.
- Promote the successes of team members along with the company’s vision and values.
- Ensure professional growth and development of all staff members.
- Communicate goals and expectations to ensure consistency within staff.
- Ensure professional growth and development of all direct reports by encouraging awareness of industry trends, new methods and equipment for ice and facility maintenance and taking an active role in community activities and business relevant regional and national associations.
- Administer employee incentive and recognition programs.
- Oversee facility scheduling and events including facility competitions, training camps, Learn-to-Skate programs and all special events.
- Develop and implement policies and long-range plans for facility.
- Ensure compliance to all company SOP's.
- Support effective implementation of all tools, systems and processes.
- Maintain working relationship with Human Resources and Risk Management.
- Ensure safety by promoting security, first aid and emergency guidelines and procedures.
- Enforce effective implementation of all tools, systems and processes.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and direct improvements to rink operational efficiencies
- Follow up on all liability issues, accident reports, etc.
- Ensure payroll expenses are within guidelines and fulfill scheduling requirements
- Oversee administration of all hockey and skating schedules. Coordinate with facility master schedule to ensure productivity of ice programming.
- Forecast and manage operations budget for programs including labor costs, administration costs, projected revenue, marketing and other expenses.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining pricing strategy for all programs and events.
- Accountable for all financial assets of the facility.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, management of operating budget. Manage ongoing expense control strategies.
- Monitor budget and financial affairs of the facility and its sponsored programs.
- Oversee and ensure accurate record keeping and management of statistical and financial information of programs.
- Insure payroll levels are within pro forma guidelines.
- Oversee and track Profit and Losses.
Program Growth and Guest Experience
- Ensure Guest experience is representative of Irvine Ice Foundation/The Rinks/Anaheim Ducks name in programming quality and service.
- Maintains highest level of Guest Service both internally and externally.
- Develop and administer guest feedback and evaluation programs.
- Demonstrate the initiative and commitment to communication and teamwork to assure optimal Guest Service.
- Serve as a member of The Rinks Management Team.
- College degree in Business or related field preferred or ten years of progressively responsible experience in all aspects of business operations, finances and promotional programs.
- Ice and arena management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing, media, public relations and publicity practices helpful.
- Knowledge of utilities and facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Strong knowledge of sports and recreation programming a plus.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Experienced at coordinating team and league activities, including designing training activities and promoting programs.
- Ability to communicate The Rinks/Anaheim Ducks vision and commitment to quality service, products and entertainment. Is a service-minded self-starter who is highly motivated and possesses characteristics of energy, enthusiasm, assertiveness, drive and a sense of fun.
- Ability to articulate ideas, both verbally and in writing with excellent presentation.
- Exemplifies strong leadership skills and serve as role model.
- Present a consistent professional, hands-on, and enthusiastic management style.
- Demonstrates the desire to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals with varied personalities and at different levels.
- Is flexible and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule with changing days off and hours, including weekends, holidays and early morning, late evenings.
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access