This position will be working as a member of the Creative Services team. The Digital Production Artist will be part of a team of dedicated creative professionals and will assist in maintaining the day to day operation of the NHL Brand Asset Management Site(CMS based system), its work flow and daily operation. This individual will also support our design team prepping various print, brand standards/guidelines and digital creative materials.
This position is production focused, minimal design duties will be assigned. If you are looking for a design position DO NOT APPLY to this post. This is a fast paced, high volume environment.
This position will:
- Maintain the NHL Brand Asset Management Site.
- Ensure files are up to date, posted correctly and on time.
- Assist design team in producing and executing concepts, final print and digital files.
- Deliver print specifications and digital requirements for files. Error free and properly constructed.
- Keep contents organized, up-to-date, archived.
- Maintain asset database on server and maintain consistent naming convention of files.
- Build, preflight and release digital files, style guides, logos and other marc-comm materials for pre-press and other production needs from design team as required.
- Work with CSD team to ensure production deadlines are met and manage time accordingly.
- Working knowledge of printing platforms.
- Work with external vendors and internal departments on file delivery and delivery of digital assets for an array of materials.
- Maintain knowledge of current graphic-design software, hardware and production best practices.
The qualified applicant will have a BA degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience of 3-5 plus years, working as Digital Production Artist at in-house creative department, advertising or design agency. They should have experience working with Content Management Systems (must be able to demonstrate/show experience from past sites). Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat a must. Experience in Web/Mobile Design/Animation and knowledge of HTML5 and Java Script a plus. Expert with Adobe CC software.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong professional work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail and good communication skills. Experience developing, maintaining and/or working with Content Management Systems required. Must be able to work in a team setting, utilizing strong and effective communication skills while working in a fast paced environment. Must be able to follow direction, multi-task and handle corrections quickly and efficiently. Experience in Web/Mobile Design. Must possess a meticulous attention to detail and have an uncanny gift for catching any and all mistakes while preparing files for print. Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment and keep your cool while juggling multiple projects. Willingness to learn new production methodologies. Graphic prepress and production skills required. Ability to multitask along with strong communication/social skills essential for working with internal departments and outside resources a must. Portfolio demonstrating diverse and exceptional technical-production skills must be available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.