The Guest Experience team is dedicated to providing an exciting and memorable experience while ensuring the safety and security of all guests who visit the Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul RiverCentre and Legendary Roy Wilkens Auditorium.
The Usher responsibilities include, but are not limited to the care of the guests and fans visiting the facility. Some of the duties are facility entrance, directional assistance, seat location and problem solving, all while exceeding the guests expectations during events.
- Responsible for the entry process as an usher, allowing guests event access, verification of valid tickets, scanner usage/knowledge, providing general directions and assisting with handouts including lifting and moving boxes to various locations.
- Responsible for working in a variety of areas including elevators, stairwells, aisles, lobbies and Guest Services desks
- Monitors work area, ensuring building policies are enforced including but not limited to fan behavior/ safety, no smoking, curtain closure, guest concerns etc.
- Verification of ticket for assigned section, direction to specific seat, assist with resolving ticket issues and those requiring special seating needs.
- Stand at the top of assigned section with the regular intervals of walking up and down the stairs to ensure guest needs are being met.
- Periodic section checks which include walking down and up stairs ensuring guests are not smoking, responding to guest needs, looking for contraband, looking for safety hazards
- Responds in a timely fashion to the guests needs and reports any concerns to the supervisor
- May be assigned to work in confined areas including elevators, stairwells and hallways.
- Build relationships with the guests in your assigned locations.
- Follows proper procedures during evacuations and emergencies.
- Attends the pre-shift meeting for each event.
- Ability to transport guests via a wheelchair to locations within our facility
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Customer service experience preferred
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving in a timely manner
- Able to follow instructions and respond to supervisor direction
- Able to work with the guest and staff in a professional manner at all times
- Customer services oriented
- Fan friendly attitude and willing to initiate conversation with the guests
- Able to work within a team and a service oriented environment
- Professional appearance
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days
- Able to work all Guest Services positions within the facility
- Able to deal with frequent change
- No guarantee of hours
- Ability to stand up to 6 hours at a time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push and pull wheelchairs up to 300lbs.
- May be exposed to inclement weather-coat will be provided
- Able to walk up and down steps
- Able to read ticket and direct guests appropriately
Local Candidates Only
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED INQUIRING ABOUT THIS POSITION
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.