The Guest Experience team is dedicated to providing an exciting and memorable experience while ensuring the safety and security of all guests who visit the Xcel Energy Center, Saint Paul RiverCentre and Legendary Roy Wilkens Auditorium.
Command Center staff are responsible for providing effective communication to guests and team members within the Xcel Energy Center. Staff will receive and dispatch emergency and routine calls during events. Ensures distribution of event information to all departments during events that are related to the needs of the guests and the facility. The Command Center staff receives work direction from the Manager on Duty (MOD) and/or Guest Services Lead. This is a part-time position.
- Ability to use clear and concise communication on multiple platforms including radio usage, phones and computer.
- Answers incoming radio/calls in a timely manner; ability to multi-task which includes taking multiple calls at a time.
- Ability to listen and take notes to document a situation being called in.
- Documents staff/department calls during events by typing key information in the CRM online tool.
- Ensures proper information is documented and details are not missed.
- Knowledgeable of general and emergency procedures to be able to answer inquiries and initiate facility processes.
- Ability to make quick decisions and follow department protocol
- Ability to initiate calls for facility to ensure guest needs are sent to the appropriate personnel.
- Ability to immediately notify the appropriate personnel/departments; for medical, safety and building emergencies.
- Strong facility knowledge including building layout, department functions/positions, company policies and procedures
- Responsible for tracking and follow up for all situations that arise during an event to ensure situation is resolved for the guest, facility and/or departments.
- Follows proper procedures to seek answers/details from MOD or supervisors on the floor regarding incidents.
- Attends the Supervisor pre-shift meeting for each event.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
- 18 years of age
- High School Graduate/ GED
- Command center experience a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Customer service experience required
- Strong Computer skills when searching for information
- Quick and accurate typing skills
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Customer services oriented
- Ability to remain calm and collected in a hectic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions during emergency situations
- Able to work with the staff and other departments in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to follow instructions and respond appropriately to directions from the MOD/Lead
- Ability to remain calm and in control during stressful situations
- Ability to work independently
- Available to work evenings, weekends and normal business days
- Must be willing and able to work in the following conditions: busy, with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform the following actions continuously: sitting, using hands dexterously, talking, hearing.
- No guarantee of hours
Local Candidates Only. Please no phone calls.
As an officially designated Yellow Ribbon Company, we are committed to serving those who have served our country, we encourage service members and veterans to apply.