The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide day-to-day support to the Partnership Marketing team in relation to League Partners. The candidate will also help with driving the quality and quantity of Partner scale based advertising and sport activation profiling the NHL. In addition he/she will support fulfillment of Partner obligations tied to select NHL Jewel Events and NHL Initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the day-to-day marketing activation for NHL Corporate Marketing Partners, including the following responsibilities:
- Lead ongoing Partner approvals across select Partners, including all advertising and event approvals.
- Proactively plan and manage the development and implementation of all Partner programs/activations throughout the season including but not limited to the NHL100 Classic, NHL Winter Classic, NHL All-Star Weekend, Stanley Cup Playoffs, NHL Awards and League Centennial Celebrations.
- Accurately interpret contracts and related legal documents for purposes of ensuring the fulfillment of all Partner deliverables.
- Coordinate the delivery of all necessary NHL marketing/and or media deliverables as per each partnership agreement.
- Work effectively with several internal divisions of the NHL to meet deadlines and coordinate necessary program deliverables.
- Research, write and develop client presentations, event summaries, and meeting/event recaps.
- Compile necessary category relevant research/background information to help the team stay informed on each Partner’s business and appropriately assist in the negotiation of partnership renewals.
- Attend and contribute to meetings/presentations with Partners.
- Lead Partner activation tracking/reporting in addition to monitoring all Partner marketing fund allocations.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong familiarity with all social media platforms.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong level of customer service / account management training.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude.
- High level of Interest in emerging media platforms.
- Familiarity with sports marketing and the sport of hockey.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Commerce and/or Marketing.
- 3+ years professional marketing experience in sports/entertainment marketing and/or within an Agency environment (i.e. media, creative, promotion, event).
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, emails, or recruitment agency inquiries please. Application receipt confirmations and/or recruitment status update inquiries will not be provided.