Business Intelligence Intern
Sharks Sports and Entertainment
San Jose, CA
The Business Intelligence team is responsible for devising, developing, implementing and guiding the overall business strategy initiatives for the organization through the use of data and analytics. As part of the team, you will provide support to the VP, Business Intelligence, BI Director and Coordinator; you will work with internal stakeholders across multiple departments to maintain and use a centralized CRM system, cleanse and analyze ticketing and sales data, build reports and surveys, and perform regression analysis. This is a non-exempt position.
- Use statistics to analyze marketing campaigns and ticket sales
- Perform regression analysis to build predictive models
- Collect and import customer data into CRM, ensuring maximum accuracy and consistency at all times
- Coordinate key functions of the CRM system, including execution of campaigns, data collection, lead scoring and reporting for use by multiple stakeholders and departments
- Perform database segmentation, generating target groups and prospect lists for various stakeholders
- Work with internal departments to understand and support their business objectives
- Perform database maintenance duties as necessary
- Support internal CRM users in sales, service, sponsorship and marketing departments, answer questions and provide help desk-like assistance
- Cleanse ticketing and sales data and compile reports for managers and executives
- Build and execute surveys to test hypotheses and gain key insights
- Participate in special projects or other related duties as requested
- Experience in Database Marketing, CRM, Business Intelligence or Analytics
- University/College degree in Business Analytics, Economics, Mathematics , Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Coursework in advanced level math or statistics
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with Pivot Tables, formulas, etc.
- An analytical and conceptual thinker, detailed, results-oriented and proactive
- Comfortable and capable of delivering under tight deadlines
- Quick learners with strong communication skills, who can work within a fast-paced environment
- A team player with a positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Comfortable working with large datasets
- Experience with a CRM database preferred
- Experience with R and SQL a plus
Get MVP Insight
Stay Ahead of the Competition
With MVP Access you get "insider" information on when your application was reviewed,
how many candidates applied, blue ribbon insignia as a serious candidate, weekly
career coaching tips, plus links to load your application.
MVP Access applications are viewed 9x more frequently than non-MVP applicants (based
on data from 2011 - 2013).
See Job Insights, when you upgrade to MVP Access...
Upgrade to MVP Access
Note: This position was originally posted on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is
considered for this position, please tap "Apply" below to apply for this job on the Sharks Sports & Entertainment employment site.